Looking for a therapist who can help you and your child enjoy each other more? Want to make sure that your child has the skills they need to thrive in challenging situations? You’ve come to the right place!
Blair has been supporting families with young children in the Broomfield area for over 15 years and is the founder and director of Early Childhood Wellness Place. Blair specializes in assisting children with social and emotional struggles or those who have experienced trauma. Parents frequently report gaining a better understanding of their children and their behaviors. Blair empowers parents to help their children – because no one knows children better than their parents!
The dream of Early Childhood Wellness Place has been a long time in the making. Blair has built a place where treatment will be both multi-disciplinary, assuring that we recognize all aspects of a child’s development, and family-centered. Our practitioners care about children and their families, and go above and beyond in order to provide the very best care possible.
As a graduate of Fuller Theological Seminary, Blair feels continually blessed in her role working with young children. She works with two certified therapy dogs: Miss Gadget and Maisy who not only add to the nurturing environment of the office but also assist in helping clients reach their goals. As an interactive and strengths-based therapist, her treatment approach is to provide support and practical feedback to parents and children over the course of their therapeutic journey.
In addition, Blair is a sought after speaker on the topics such as early childhood trauma, child development and play therapy with young children. Blair is also an American Association for Marriage & Family Therapists (AAMFT) Approved Supervisor and provides supervision to therapists working toward licensure and a specialization in early childhood therapy. Blair serves on the board of the Broomfield Early Childhood Council, and is the former editor of the Colorado Association for Marriage and Family Therapists quarterly newsletter. Blair has also worked on the faculty of the Marriage and Family departments of Argosy University and Regis University.
- Master of Science, Marriage and Family Therapy–Fuller Theological Seminary–June 2001
- Bachelor of Science, Human Development and Family Studies–Colorado State University–May 1998
- Bachelor of Arts, English–Colorado State University–May 1998
License, Certifications & Awards
- Licensed in Marriage and Family Therapy–Colorado 2003
- AAMFT Approved Supervisor–2017
- Certified Therapy Dog Handler, Delta Society–Colorado 2003
- Certified Therapy Dog Handler, Therapy Dogs International–Colorado 2012
- Completed Katz & Loizeaux 40-hour CFI training through CBLA–2008
- EMDR Institute Levels 1 & 2–2009
Professional Activities and Memberships
- Colorado Association of Marriage and Family Therapy–Clinical Fellow
- American Association of Marriage and Family Therapy–Clinical Fellow
- Executive Board Member–Broomfield Early Childhood Council
If you are new, please feel free to fill out Blair’s intake forms before the first session. These forms can also be filled out during the first session.